MY YOUNG ROOS CREST GREW ns is really red, he crowed

silkymom

Songster
10 Years
Nov 20, 2009
yesterday my roo crowed and then went to the task of breeding my hens, that were mean to him, hes been in the coop for a month unless i throw him out, all of a sudden hes on the ball, now they try to keep him out instead of in, ghessss, do combs grow quick like this???????

wow this boy is doing good now , turning to a boy quick, his comb was pale now bright red, and hes jumping the mean hens, and getting to come out and play, im happy,
'

actually the eggs are big, bad picture, and the roo is big, my hens are all sexlinks,

Ah, I see. So either he's quite a huge boy or they're only pullets, within a few months of having started laying?

Last edited:
he is big but my hens are 2 yrs at least old, given to me, if i put the eggs in a large egg container i can hardley close it, i think it was the pick,

il get an egg pick to show ya in the carton

he is big but my hens are 2 yrs at least old, given to me, if i put the eggs in a large egg container i can hardley close it, i think it was the pick,

il get an egg pick to show ya in the carton
I thought to ask about the egg carton sizing. But those are full size hens and looking at his pic closer, I can see his eyes are tiny. I should have noticed that sooner, it's a surefire sign of a big chook.

Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom