My young rooster crowed

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KKluckers, Oct 11, 2007.

1. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    He is almost two months old. It was so cute it took everything in him to get the sound out. It kinda sounded like someone stepped on him LOL. I have never had a rooster crow so early. Maybe it is because he is a bantam?

Frank and His sister

[​IMG]

One of the cochin silkie crosses
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oh, Christina, I sure hope those Barred Rock eggs hatch I sent you! My BR cockerels seem to crow at 4-5 weeks more often than not and that is the cutest thing you've ever heard in your life!

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I know one of the Barred Rocks is growing. But Im hoping for pullets, but I will probably end up with roos LOL. I have a lone roo that needs some girlfriends. Since I have my photobucket account open heres a picture.

[​IMG]

4. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    My young rooster crowed, and crowed, and then crowed some more until my neighbors complained and he is now living somewhere else where he can crow his little heart out and no one minds. He was a very handsome Dominique rooster that was mistakenly mixed in with my Dom. biddies. I think I would be able to tell earlier on now if I had a rooster in a batch of biddies, they seem to have a different posture that I would recognize now. Live and learn I guess and glad you are enjoying your little man's crowing!![​IMG]

5. Mac

Mac Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    South Central PA
    Very sweet image of Frank and his sister.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Christina, he's quite the handsome guy you have there! Oh, didnt I tell you? I sent you all pullet eggs, LOL! [​IMG]

7. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Wow, that is early. I can't get my rooster to crow for nothing. I even go out and crow trying to teach him, nothin.....he hears the ones off in the distance....gets up on the perch stretches his neck......nothin.......he is the buff rock that I just got. He is supposed to be at least 6 months old. And then there is little Caesar, he is 14 wks, nothin from him either. I just can't wait to hear them crow. I love the sound. I might regret those words later, but I can't wait to be laying in bed with the windows open and hear that crow. Country livin...at it's finest....... [​IMG]

8. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Cyn~ I wish you could do that lol. I would be sure to only order eggs from you. [​IMG]

texaschickmama~ My Australorp didn't start to crow until I brought around the Barred Plymouth Rock. Now they wake us up at 6am or earlier. I think it is a competition between the both of them and now little Frank has joined in. I cant agree with you more, I love country living. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2007
  9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I wish there was a rooster that didnt crow ever so I could have one in the suburbs with my 8 lovly ladies.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by