My Young Sebastopol goose has Bleeding Wing Tips

Discussion in 'Geese' started by jadeduck13, Dec 9, 2013.

1. jadeduck13

jadeduck13 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2013
    My young Seb has a horrible case of Angel Wing. Sadly, her old owner had chopped up her wings pretty bad. Now her wings are bleeding from the cold. We've tried taping her wings in their normal position and keeping her out of the cold, but she keeps taking the bandage off. We don't know how to fix her wings (like I said, I've tried taping them but it never works). How do I stop her wings from freezing and bleeding? Please help!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Have you clipped her feathers like you would do to keep her from flying? I have seen where others suggested this and it keeps them from catching them on things or rubbing them raw. You might try using some bag balm on them after you trim them to protect them from the cold. or Vaseline.

3. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    If your Sebastopol is over 4 months old there is nothing more you can do to correct the angel wing. Just try keeping hem trimmed so she does not pull them on anything if they are that bad.
    The only other thing would be surgery to cut the wing tip off. I do not recommend that unless a vet thinks it needs to be done.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by