My Zebra Finches Are Back At It!! **W/ PICS***

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by BirdBoy88, Dec 6, 2008.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I have about 12 zebra finches among with all my other finches..but anyways

out of my 12 Zebra finches i have this one pair that loves to raise babies... i haven't had any nest boxes or anything in the aviary for a few months now and this pair has been going crazy since then..trying to build a nest in the food dish and once the water dish..lol and then once they try to build one in the fake plant so i gave in last week and i didn't have a nest for them at the time so i took and old wicker nest and cut the bottom out and took bread ties and tied it to the side of the cage and within a week they have build there nest in it and there are already 2 eggs in the nest! [​IMG]

here are some pics

here's the nest

[​IMG]

Here's the Male sitting on the eggs

[​IMG]

And here are the 2 eggs [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Cool pictures! Thanks for sharing....

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    That's awesome! I want house birds!!!

4. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

that's cute, they are so tiny. I had some that were so...uh...active in the babymaking department. I had them lay eggs in the food dishes too. and in a nest i'd made them. Are you gonna let them hatch these?

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:lol Zebra finches are baby freaks..

i call them Tiny Silkies LOL

Yup i am gonna let them hatches this batch out since i haven't let them hatch any out for almost a year...most the time i would wait until spring but these 2 were really annoying me about it..lol

6. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

awww i love them!

7. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I have a large flight cage. I thought about filling it with different kinds of finches. Then I saw how much the ones I wanted were. Think I'll stick to my chickens.

8. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    NEAT!!

9. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    Great picture! I had Zebras long ago. I only let them hatch one clutch, but the babies were snow white. [​IMG]

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Quote:I know what you mean.. but there's a place here call ( chris critters ) i call it the Bird house because it has nothing but birds.. i buy all my birds from there they are really cheap... you can get a pair of zebra finches for $15

if you go to any other pet store 1 zebra alone will cost you $20 or more so i love love the Bird house.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by