My ZIP looks like a crack.....is it ok? **UPDATE PICS ON PG 2

Quote:
No, this is our first hatch. We actually didn't think they were going to do anything, it is day 23. So it is still ok without a Pip? The egg is almost cracked completely around now.

Quote:
No, this is our first hatch. We actually didn't think they were going to do anything, it is day 23. So it is still ok without a Pip? The egg is almost cracked completely around now.

How long has it been rockin' with the crack?

Quote:

Can you post a picture?

Also, if your temps were running low... or the eggs just didn't start to develope right away on day one.... they still may hatch. Give it time.

Now, how long has this cracked egg been rockin'? I have three that have been pipped for about 18 hours now. I'm not worried. Some come real quick and others don't.

Quote:
Mostly, but not always.

I agree w/ tnchickenut; it is probably fine and leaving it alone is a good idea.

eta: if the egg is lying on its side, maybe it pipped on the bottom where you wouldn't be able to see it?

Last edited:
The crack had to happen after 1 a.m. that's the last time I checked them. It doesn't rock continuously it almost seems like it is taking a break. Yes I will post a pic, give me a few minutes to take and post it! Thanks everyone for trying to help.

Quote:
Sounds normal to me. Don't open the lid to get the pic!!!

Just be patient. I know it is hard... especially on your first hatch. You'll be fine! Just trust the process.

I did not open the lid, DH made me a viewing window on top
big_smile.png

This is a picture we took about 4 hours ago:
40307_egg_crack.jpg

This is the picture I just took, you can see the progression:
40307_egg_crack2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom