My ZIP looks like a crack.....is it ok? **UPDATE PICS ON PG 2

Quote:
Fact is, you still might.

You can help a booger out by taking tweezers (VERY GENTLY) to the crack and pinching. Be very careful not to go deep into the shell... there are still blood vessels in there. Just go to the edge, and gently add pressure until you hear "crunch". Don't do it much and if the chick cries... stop. Just a little to help him get a start to kicking it off.

Keep in mind. I still may lose mine. Only I will be the one to have to kill it. Sometimes it is better for nature to decide who stays and who goes. I'll give you a pic of this chick and another one hatch AFTER it. BRB

Quote:

You can help a booger out by taking tweezers (VERY GENTLY) to the crack and pinching. Be very careful not to go deep into the shell... there are still blood vessels in there. Just go to the edge, and gently add pressure until you hear "crunch". Don't do it much and if the chick cries... stop. Just a little to help him get a start to kicking it off.

Keep in mind. I still may lose mine. Only I will be the one to have to kill it. Sometimes it is better for nature to decide who stays and who goes. I'll give you a pic of this chick and another one hatch AFTER it. BRB

Ok then do I go through the sack also?

Ok. Here is the chick in question. ALOT more dry then when it just hatched.

wetchick-1.jpg

and here is it with a Delaware that hatched a hour after the wet one. Notice the Del can stand better?

wetchick2.jpg

Now, could be that he just needs time... but all I'm trying to say is... don't think that just because a baby is out, it will live. I don't want you to get your hopes up.

Let me know how it goes. You can PM me if you want.

Last edited:
Quote:

Ok then do I go through the sack also?

Leave it alone for now. If you open the bator you can risk the rest. Alot of times when you assit bad things happen.

Back
Top Bottom