Mypetchicken.com Ameraucana eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Corg33, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Corg33

Corg33 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2011
    Dinwiddie, VA
  2. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
    If you want some Blue Ameraucana eggs to hatch you should contact Nellie - rockinpaints [​IMG][​IMG]. She has the most awesome eggs and shipping [​IMG]! I have some of her beauteous chicklets now and also more eggs in the incubator on day two and I can already tell they are good [​IMG][​IMG].

3. Melissa Rose

Melissa Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    South Texas
  4. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
  5. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    The picture of the blue Ameraucana looks right. Doesn't mean they are SOP though.

6. Corg33

Corg33 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 20, 2011
    Dinwiddie, VA
    I have read so much about hatcheries selling EE as Ameraucanas but nothing on these hatching eggs so I was curious. We are thinking about those cream legbars.[​IMG] I think my hubby had pmed you madaamwlf about some eggs though he still on the fence eggs or day olds.

I asked on the breeds forum also
    Illia wrote:
    Last I heard they're the real deal. Last year, or maybe it was the year before that, I can never get 'em straight - They only had BBS birds and from what I hear, they got them from Gabbard Farms, however Gabbard Farms is known for having very poor examples of Ameraucanas and often sells EE instead of Am's.

But, from what I hear, this is indeed the real deal. Egg color and plumage color though I'd assume won't be the best. Your best bets are getting eggs from someone on this forum - Lots of folks here offer very nice stock for some cheap prices. My first Ameraucanas I got were very cheap, and although half had slightly green tinted eggs, it was still seriously worth it. [​IMG]

7. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    The Legbars are awesome. Just waiting for my girls to lay. Wow, didn't realize you were so close.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by