mypetchicken.com?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by redstarbill, Nov 2, 2008.

1. redstarbill

redstarbill Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2008
    Has anyone ever ordered from mypetchicken.com? if so how was your experience? they will send you a minium order of 3 chicks. I thought that wasn't safe, always had to be 25 for warmth.
    thanks for any info.

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    We ordered back in August with my brother-in-law. We live out in the sticks so the minimum order was 9 chicks. Of the 9 chicks we took 3 Easter-eggers. One of our sexed pullets turned out to be a rooster. I'm not sure if my brother-in-law got any roosters. They all did arrive alive and healthy, so I guess that is all that matters.

3. Chicky85254

Chicky85254 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    AZ & CA
    I ordered the minimum order of 5 Bantam chicks in September. I received a phone call the night before they shipped advising me that they would be shipping and to expect them. They shipped 7 chicks. They arrived the very next day, all healthy and happy. Only one had a little bit of pasty butt for a couple days, other than that they've all been tremendously healthy! I also ordered sexed chicks, females. So far they all still appear to be females, so I'm pretty happy about that! I have nothing but good things to say about Mypetchicken.com!

4. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    20-25 is the usuaul SAFE number that needs to be sent, however MPC will and can send less because you will be paying for a heating pad (around $25) that keeps them warm without the extra bodies. I would rather have the extra $25 in chicks, but if you only want a couple and dont have the room, or money doesnt matter MPC is the way to go.

5. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

MPC chicken has like a "warmth package" they send with the chicks, but it's expensive. So you pay a good bit of money.

6. peggyb43

peggyb43 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2008
    I ordered from MPC and have nothing but great things to say. The warmth package kept the babies fine and cost $25.00 extra...well worth it! My 5 arrived on time and in good shape. The folks at MPC kept me informed as to when I could expect the chicks and were as good as their word. As far as I know, they are all girls. Love MPC!

7. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    MPC was my first chicken experience. They ruined me! Three chick minimum they said. Sheesh! You have to scroll through page after page of gorgeous show birds. I ended up with 14!

8. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    I ordered 6 chickens - wanted all females paid $7 extra per chick. Ended up with 4 roosters. They were very nice and did refund us the $28 but....

9. redstarbill

redstarbill Out Of The Brooder

Oct 23, 2008
    Boy!!! thanks for all the info... great feed back. I'd say MPC is a thumbs up!!
    I'll be trying them in the spring, extra $25 is fine as I don't need 25 chicks. [​IMG]

10. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Let me know when you plan to order, I could take the extras off your hands. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by