mypetchicken.com's DIAPERS or CHICKEN PANTIES?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by sparklechicken, Sep 16, 2011.

1. sparklechicken

sparklechicken Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2010
    Creston, Ca
    Does anyone have experience with mypetchicken.com's chicken diapers or poultry panties? They are really similar, and I don't know which model to pick.

I bought their chicken diaper a few years ago and it was a bit too small for my RIR, so I had to modify it. But I was pretty pleased overall. The poultry panty is touted as a "new" design.

Here are the panties

and the diaper

2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:The panties have a sewn in liner, the diapers have a removable... and it's supposed to be less bulky.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  3. sparklechicken

Dec 8, 2010
    Creston, Ca
    Oh, now I'm confused because the panty is described as (quote) "This panty is different by having a permanent liner sewn in, made of durable vinyl."

The diaper I bought also had a clear plastic liner. What's the difference? [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  4. sparklechicken

Dec 8, 2010
    Creston, Ca
    Oh, I get it! Hmm, I don't remember the diaper's liner being removable. I must not have been paying attention. Do you have a preference? I'm leaning toward the panty.

5. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:The liner in the diaper is removable. The panty it is not removable.

6. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I haven't used the diapers or panties, but its a question if the removable liner is more convenient for your needs, or simply rinsing the liner off in the sink with the panty is easier? I do personally like the idea of the lighter weight material of the panty, less annoying for the hen I suppose.

7. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

The diaper looks more secure but the panty looks less bulky so I think it's all going to depend on your and chicken's preference.

8. Vivienne

Vivienne Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2011
    I was just browsing this thread. I am new to chickens and was wondering why you would use a chicken panty in the first place.

9. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    if you want to have your chicken in your car/house

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by