MyPetChicken delivery dates - accurate?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tigerjane, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Tigerjane

Tigerjane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    When I placed my order for hatching eggs on mypetchicken 6/14, they told me the eggs would ship July12th. It's July 12th, and no communication on when the eggs will ship and arrive. Anyone else who has dealt with this company: do they commonly send an email when they ship your things? I'm pretty excited/anxious about this, case you couldn't tell [​IMG]

2. Rustic Chicken

Rustic Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2010
    I just went back and looked at the emails I received from MPC regarding shipping. This is quoted directly from the email:

Thanks for your purchase of baby chicks with My Pet Chicken! Your chicks will ship out via Express Mail the week of June 7th and could arrive any day that week from Tuesday through Thursday, depending on how the Post Office services your area.

Please note that you will NOT receive a tracking number nor a confirmation that your chicks have shipped. This letter is your official and only notification. The Post Office will usually call you to notify you that your chicks have finally arrived, but every post office is different, so keep reading to find out how to best handle receiving your live baby chicks through the mail.

I received mine on a Tuesday and everything was fine. Don't fret, I'm sure they will be there tomorrow or the next day. But MPC will not send a tracking number or confirmation. Hope this helps!

3. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I have an order hatching today from MPC also. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for both of us! Last time they showed up Tuesday, no confirmation email, just a call from the PO!

4. Tigerjane

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    Quote:well, I ordered eggs, so I don't know if their policy is different, but here's what MY email from them said after I placed my order:

Hi Jane,

Thank you for ordering fertile hatching eggs with My Pet Chicken. Your eggs are EXPECTED to ship the week of July 12, 2010 by Priority Mail. As with any My Pet Chicken Order, you may log onto your account with your e-mail address and password and obtain the shipping number which will be located under the item number once it has been shipped. You can log on to your account here:"

5. Rustic Chicken

Rustic Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2010
    My bad... I didn't realize you ordered eggs. Clearly that is different. They are all so friendly there I'm sure you could call them and get more details.

6. Jarsheart

Jarsheart Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2010
    I got my silkie hens from them, got them as one day old chicks. The delivery date changed 3 times, but they always kept me updated. I called them a couple of times, they were very nice, very professional. Give them a call. I found them to be very helpful, and I got 6 beautiful, healthy hens from them. Very good experience.

7. Adopted Chickenman

Adopted Chickenman Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2010
    Rogers
    When I first became a chicken person, I ordered my day old chicks through My Pet Chicken. I ordered five different breeds that all were set to hatch on the same day (Mar 22). They were delivered to my local post office on the 28th of March. All five were received in great condition. I have really enjoyed My Pet Chicken; in fact so much that I just recently ordered seven more day old chicks from them, all of which are due to hatch on the same day and are again different breeds. All in all, I am still happy with My Pet Chicken between the chick ordering and the followup questions. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW GIRLS! [​IMG]

8. goldeneggtees

goldeneggtees Fluffy Butt Nut

Mar 11, 2009
    Long Island, NY
    I got an email on the Monday my order was due to be shipped that it was shipped. I got my babies the next day, all healthy and fine. :–) Good luck with yours!

9. PorterinCT

PorterinCT Out Of The Brooder

Jun 11, 2010
    NorthEastern, CT
    I also ordered chicks from MPC and received them the Tuesday of the week promised... I was surprised as I live out in the boonies!

I am sure you're eggs are on the way! Good luck with them!

10. Tigerjane

Jun 17, 2010
    Pflugerville, TX
    Looks like my order is just going to make the delivery week I was promised (July 12th). I was sent an email saying my order has shipped, yet when I try the tracking number USPS says that the order has not yet been received by USPS, just that they were notified of a shipment on July 13th, but my mail already came today and no eggs, so I'm hoping they come on Friday. I'm pretty ticked, because I received hatching eggs from a private breeder on Wednesday that I put in the incubator this morning, and now they're going to be hatching at different times. I don't know how the private breeder could ship something by the same mailing method and it takes just under two days, and the same method at MyPetChicken takes at least 3? Assuming I get the eggs on Friday, of course, though going by the shipping number it looks like they haven't actually shipped yet [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by