MyPetChicken Shipping Confirmation?

countrygirl86

Songster
Apr 4, 2014
My babies were supposed to ship today from MyPetChicken. I have been checking my email like crazy today. Do they even send a confirmation? I called my post office last week to let them know I was expecting baby chicks and the lady was very helpful. She knew exactly what I was talking about, I guess she has been through this a few time. I called MyPetChicken around lunch time today and left a message and I emailed them a few hours later. Still no response. I would just really like to know for sure that they shipped out today. Getting nervous. I had read many good reviews about MyPetChicken and now that I am searching again I have found a few bad ones. Fingers crossed hoping for the best! My brooder is all set up empty and waiting.

Thank you lightchick.

I did call again and was told that the chicks had shipped and that they had sent me an email with tracking number. I explained I had been checking all day and had not received it and that I had checked my spam folder too. He gave me tracking number over the phone. Funny that after I got off the phone, I did get an email confirmation from MyPetChicken...

Thank you lightchick.

I did call again and was told that the chicks had shipped and that they had sent me an email with tracking number. I explained I had been checking all day and had not received it and that I had checked my spam folder too. He gave me tracking number over the phone. Funny that after I got off the phone, I did get an email confirmation from MyPetChicken...
When I got mine about 1 1/2 weeks ago from MPC, I had read that you may be more likely to get the email that they have shipped if you contacted them, so I sent them an email a couple of days before just to ask if I would get and email and they said I would. I got the email about the middle of the day and the chicks were at the post office the next morning. I did pay for express though. All ten alive and well and growing fast. Though two of my ten pullets may not be pullets.

I've had very good experiences with MPC. Even when I had a casualty rate of 40% and lost a chick to wry neck, they were extremely helpful and did their best to make it right. One of the reasons I go with them is because I know if I have a casualty from shipping or a chick turn out to be the wrong breed or gender, I'm covered. I don't get that kind of guarantee from other sources.

One of the reasons the email may not show up is because the email service mistakes it for spam. My shipping confirmation has ended up in the spam folder a couple of times.

My chicks were to ship today, as well. Like you, I tried calling in the morning but after waiting over 20 minutes on hold, a message came on saying I had to leave a message. I left a message but received no call back. Around 1pm I received an email saying the chicks had shipped, along with a tracking number.
For most of the day the tracking number wasn't recognized on the USPS site. Around 6pm the tracking number was recognized, but gives this message, so I don't know if they shipped or what.

This morning I went to the post office with a huge box of muffins and wrote my name address and phone number on the box.
wink.png

I hope I get a call in the morning.

I appreciate all of the responses. I went with MPC because I had read good reviews and a friend had used them as well. This is my first time ordering chicks so I am very anxious and just want everything to turn out ok. I know I have done my research and I am ready, but I feel a bit out of control with the shipping aspect. Hoping they get here tomorrow.

You should be very happy with your experience. I think they're just swamped right now. I had already noticed it was taking them a long time to answer my e-mails, when they usually get back to me in the same day. I just figured they're busy.

My chicks were to ship today, as well. Like you, I tried calling in the morning but after waiting over 20 minutes on hold, a message came on saying I had to leave a message. I left a message but received no call back. Around 1pm I received an email saying the chicks had shipped, along with a tracking number.
For most of the day the tracking number wasn't recognized on the USPS site. Around 6pm the tracking number was recognized, but gives this message, so I don't know if they shipped or what.

This morning I went to the post office with a huge box of muffins and wrote my name address and phone number on the box.
wink.png

I hope I get a call in the morning.

(I did not see your response until now jonalisa)

That is the same thing I get when I put tracking number into usps website. My husband is trying to be comforting. He works in shipping for his company and said that usps does not track like UPS, Fedex, etc. They most likely will not update until the package is actually delivered.

Good call with the muffins!

Yes, I agree on the usps tracking. But I do hear they are faster than they get credit for, so fingers crossed. Good luck to you, countrygirl! :)

Back
Top Bottom