Myself and my friend Bipolarism

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gmendoza, Sep 10, 2012.

1. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    I am a victim of Bipolarism. I have had this since I could remember.Sometimes it feels like I am two people,sometimes I cant remember what was said the previous minute.

I live with my wife and two girls and they cannot "get" me.

Sometimes Im fully aware

Sometimes Im lost

and sometimes im nowhere.

people say I change my attitudes on the spot,or my moods at the drop of a hat.I just wish someone, in my family,would know how I feel and see things.

one person shuts off, the other activates.

who am I this morning, one may never know.

soft rant done..off soapbox.

need not reply.

2. ailurophile23

ailurophile23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    VA
    I have watched many friends struggle with being bipolar - it is a challenge for them and for their families and friends. A number of them have found help in the form of therapy and/or meds. And family and friends have found some understanding by attending support groups. Be safe.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    :hugs

4. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

Gman make sure to keep on the meds, I have depression so I have to stay on mine and I hate it but have to for everyone's sake.also I understand therapy can help with bipolar. I read where persons with bipolar sucsede better if they find out how to avoid the situations that cause the swings from "normal" whatever end they go to. Also with therapy the therapist can help explain to your family whats and whys and hows of your disorder.

5. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    I feel for you. My step father was bi polar and I suspect both his brothers were too. I have a good friend who is bi polar. As long as they stayed on their medications, no one would no they had this disorder. Without the medications it is like the twilight zone for both of them. Sometimes it is a real balancing act to get the medications right, though. Keep with it and don't give up.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Great posts and advice by oldrooster and cassie. Stick with it Gman. [​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep and stick with it, Gman! [​IMG]

8. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    My exhusband is bipolar. He was finally diagnosed several years ago and is now on medication. It came waaaay too late for our marriage as that ended almost 20 years ago. He was so sweet and nice and in a second, would flip out into a cruel, vicious monster whose only purpose in life was to inflict misery on his wife and children. I finally left him because his girlfriends were so ugly. [​IMG]

If you are on medication, stay on it and talk to your doctor to fine tune it. If you are not on meds, run, don't walk to a doctor for help. See a psychiatrist, it will help you deal with your flip-flop personality. That is what my ex has done and it has helped him tremendously.

[​IMG]

9. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG]

That is an extremely hard illness to live with, weather you have it or a love one has it. It is so misunderstood, and the isolation and stigma can make things harder on the sufferer. I agree with the others, therapy, behavior management, and trying different meds can do a lot. Talking about it can help too, and as I have learned from venting my own problems, there are some compassionate and amazing people here on BYC that are great listeners, and great at advice. You keep fighting, while it sounds like you are really struggling, it's obvious you love your family and they love you despite the difficulties the illness presents.

10. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    fortunately I havent had an outbreak since posting this. its been pretty good.Sometimes though I feel that this me is the mean me,then if so, how bad is the worst me inside of me.I dont know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by