Mysterious bit of blood on the roosting bar

bethwood01

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2016
NorCal
Found a small splash of blood on the roosting bar in my coop. No blood visible on any of my girls. I've checked their feet and butts. No cuts or blood that I could see. No obvious lumps or swelling. Anything else I should check for? They are 24 weeks and most of them have just started laying.

Hi and welcome!
frow.gif
If it's a small speck I really wouldn't be too concerned - could be several things. Perhaps a tiny little cut that's difficult to see, could be a small burst blood vessel from laying. Keep an eye on them - if it continues on a daily basis try to find out which hen it is and check her over carefully, but I suspect it will be a 'one off' thing!

Hi and welcome! :frow   If it's a small speck I really wouldn't be too concerned - could be several things. Perhaps a tiny little cut that's difficult to see, could be a small burst blood vessel from laying. Keep an eye on them - if it continues on a daily basis try to find out which hen it is and check her over carefully, but I suspect it will be a 'one off' thing!  

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom