Mysterious Death...lost my RIR :(

cluckychick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
South of KCMO
Went to let my chickens out this morning and check on them, opened the big door to the coop and stepped in and found my RIR laying on the floor between the nest boxes. I'm at a total loss as to why or how she died.
hit.gif
Her neck was turned down and like tucked under her. I'm thinking maybe the roosters chased her and she flew into the wall or something of a freakish nature such as this occured. I have to many roosters and really need advice on what to do with them. One is a polish and the others are bantams. I have listed on craigslist trying to rehome them for free but noone wants my roosters.
sad.png

I am taking them to an auction in two weeks if I can't find homes for them.

She was healthy last night when they were put away. No visible signs of anything like illness or predator or any sort and all the chickens are healthy.

sorry to hear about your hen, about a month ago i lost a rooster who flew off the roosts into the walls, he died a day later and didnt even show any signs of physical injurys previous, but im sure thats what caused it on him, also the weather here in missouri has been up and down, its crazy, not sure if that could cause a major impact, maybe someone else will chime in, where you located in missouri? i may be interested in your roosters, im out by truman lake, south of kc also

So sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
I had the same problem a few weeks ago, trying to find homes for a few extra banty roos. I just kept deleting old post and reposting until someone finally wanted them. I would posting in the where am i where are you and see if there is a MO thread, I believe I have seen one.

Back
Top Bottom