Mysterious Rooster Illness - PLEASE GIVE ADVISE!

MrsSmitho

Songster
11 Years
Nov 8, 2008
E. Tx.
Howdy all!

I have a 10 mt old BR rooster. He has come down with a mystery illness and I think he might be dying.
He is in a large pen by himself (all the boys are), he was fine yesterday and this morning I noticed he was lethargic and his comb is almost purple. He seems to be more Yellow on the beak and feet also.
He is having a clear, no worms visible, stool...green goo on the vent, but clear-white liquid poo.
He won't eat or drink, even with his favorite treat. Like I said, he is lethargic and even laying down on his haunches.
I picked him up to check him, no mites or other injuries. His stomach is not hard, nor does his crop seem impacted.
As I messaged his neck and crop, here was a weird gurgling noise, like excess fluid and then he "spit up" clear liquid.
His eyes are not bubbly and are clear, they do seem darker, nut not much.

any ideas?????

Thanks for any imput!!!
-smitho-

thanks for the link...but, no, it dosn't sound-look like that. Good to know about that one though!!
He is in the same shape and I have been out in the garden all day (within sight of him) and he hasn't changed.
I am leary of antis, but he has yummys, electrolyte water and is clean and comfy.

thanks again for the impute!!
smile.png

Well, hope he gets better. I've been researching different sicknesses, and people here consistently recommend poly vi sol, which is baby vitamins. I have not used this, but many others have.
hmm.png

Morning
smile.png

Update: will always be a mysterious illness. He was fine, back to normal, never thought anything was wrong, yesterday morning! Weird. He still isn't crowing, but everything else is normal.
I did notice his poo, the green part, is almost a neon green...can't think of any green treats I gave him the day before he got sick except some radish tops, which he has had tons of times...

guess I'll never know!! But I sure am glad he is better!!!!!

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom