mystery attacker

soccerguy17

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 7, 2007
washington
back when i first got chickens my first hens were about 4 months old and something got in and killed one. then about a year later something got in and tried to kill one hen but im guessing she fought back and only lost all the feathers on her back and wings. so i set out a small havaheart trap and late in the night we heard horrible screaching like a baby screaming and we ran out there and the trap door had been bent open!!!!!!!!!!! then it quit coming back. until yesterday when i heard the roosters warning call so i ran out and my rooster had some feather lose and there was black grey fur everywhere. so what could kill a small hen but couldnt kill a full grown hen and a hormonally crazed rooster?

What predators do you have around you?Sounds like a mink or some sort of small weazal?Had a attack on some of my ladies last fall.i walked in to find my Badbuttkickin Barrockadoodoodoo puttin a butt woopin on a mink?It was very scary for my hens.The hole that he entered from was 4".I blocked the hole and crusified his dupa over the fire that night.I hate weazals!:mad:

im in washington so i dont think we have weasles some guy on a street near by had a supposidly 30lb raccon kill his toy poodle thank got he shot it:eek: we might have possums ive seen a couple of them a mile or two down the road?

Sounds like a coon to me too...might be a baby.
CT, Dupa...LOL I'm a Pole so I know what that means.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom