Mystery Bantam Project Eggs 6+

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by UGAchick, May 30, 2010.

1. UGAchick

UGAchick Songster

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    My beautiful mystery bantams are still mixing it up! I have an incubator full of their eggs, so I can share with you!

The roo and his hen are the smooth splash offspring of a silkie x frizzle cochin line (I think!). They have feathered feet and 5 toes. The other hen is an amazing chocolate color, but I don't know what she is. But she is so sweet and BEAUTIFUL in person. I have yet to hatch any chicks, so I have no idea what is going to come out. Hence, the "mystery."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2010
  2. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Songster

Feb 24, 2010
    ooooo sooo pretty! I love hatching mutts because you never know what you are gonna get! [​IMG]

3. UGAchick

UGAchick Songster

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    The first chicks are starting to hatch. I will post pictures if they hatch before the post ends.

4. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    any chicks hatch?

5. UGAchick

UGAchick Songster

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Yes! I had one out yesterday:

[​IMG]
    He has the feathered feet and 5 toes

The other just came out and is still wet:
    [​IMG]
    But he has darker skin (black actually) and appears to have a lighter color fluff. It is hard to tell, though. No word on the feet/toes because I don't want to take him out yet.

Aren't they cute???

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Mutts!-[​IMG]

7. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Songster

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    that wet chickie is cute! i love how they look when they're tired and soggy and sleeping! lol!

any new pics of him/her?

8. UGAchick

UGAchick Songster

Mar 7, 2010
    Athens, GA
    Unfortunately, the wet chick did not make it. I decided to help him out of his shell after he stalled pipping for 36 hours. I figured that he wasn't going to make it in his shell so I tried to help. Poor little one. I did a staggered hatch, so I don't have any due to hatch for a few more days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: