1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mystery bantams - 4 birds

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kari_dawn, Oct 21, 2011.

1. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    Darn the feed stores! I go for a larger feeder for the babies I already have at the house, and come home with four new bantams and a standard!

Bird #1: zebra striped, clean legs. This baby has a rose comb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bird #2: blue or red? Feather legged, single comb. This one appears to have muffs.

[​IMG]

Bird #3: black, feather footed, single comb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bird #4: silver/gray lavender? feathers coming in, appears to have muffs. Feather legged.

[​IMG]

2. Nicki

Nicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2007
    Georgia
    2 is a mille fleur d'uccle and 4 is a procelain d'uccle I think... 1 maybe a silver sebright? and 3 I'm just guessing might be a black cochin, but I don't really know

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    #2 and 4 looks a lot like d'uccle babies i have seen but not sure. idk about the rest cochirn maybe and seabright(#1)?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  4. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    I would be thrilled if that was a porcelain d'uccle!!! I think this are GORGEOUS!

5. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Silver Sebright
    Mille Fleur D'uccle
    Mottled ? Cochin
    Porcelain D'Uccle

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    or at least mille something and porcelain something lol but they look like d'uccles

7. Nicki

Dec 6, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:I think you're right, the 3rd chick does look more like a mottled cochin than a black one...

8. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    It might be silver laced, too. I had one that looked exactly like it and it was silver laced, though everyone here said mottled. [​IMG]
    Is the last chick gray? It looks white to me. If it's gray, I guess porcelain is most likely. I had a white d'Uccle chick that ended up being a golden neck.

9. kari_dawn

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    More pics never hurts, right? [​IMG]

Here ya go:

Its a little hard to see in the picture, but she does have a couple of little gray/white whispy stripes on each side of her head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    By the way, the second one has already earned a name...pretzel. She is needy, and doesnt like to be left alone. If she knows someone is around, she crys till she gets picked up, then quickly quiets and begins making happy chickie noises. <3

10. Nicki

Dec 6, 2007
    Georgia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by