mystery bantams

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by laughaha, May 12, 2010.

1. laughaha

laughaha Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    TSC special bantam chicks. I got 2 mille's, 2 golden seabrights, and then these two. The first pic is of (I think an OEGB) but I would like to know what kind so I can start searching for some friends for her. She is the smallest chick I've ever seen (haven't seen serama chicks yet). She has clean legs. The second is the tank of the bantams and has feathered legs- cochin or brahma I'm thinking but wingfeathers that are coming in are different than any type of cochin or brahma that I have ever seen.

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

2. ParrotsNPullets

ParrotsNPullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2009
    Upstate New York
    I can't help a whole lot but I don't think that 2nd chick is a Brahma, and probably not a Cochin. Awfully cute though! [​IMG]

3. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    I'm gonna guess the second is a Light brahma bantam. It could also be a Columbian cochin bantam, but those aren't exactly common...

4. laughaha

May 5, 2010
    Those pics were from when they were about a week old. These pics are from about 5 minutes ago, lol.

Charlie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tiny
    [​IMG]

I went through every page of the 61 pages of chochin pics and didn't see anything like charlie, but he is also not looking like a brahma.........

5. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Whoops! never mind, I reguess. It looks like another millie

6. laughaha

May 5, 2010
    Not a mille- about twice the size of the mille's and the wrong color as a chick. IF it's a mille cochin I will be in absolute HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of my mille chicks- pic taken at the same time as first pics.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  7. laughaha

May 5, 2010
    Oh and I called Mt Healthy again today and the lady said that they could be ANYTHING as they just get assorted bantam eggs from breeders.

8. laughaha

May 5, 2010
    I just received an email from Mt Healthy Hatchery- Tiny is a BBred which is cool since I just bought a really cute adult pair. They have no clue on the feather footed bantam.

9. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I was going to guess BBred for the first. The other has long Hock feathers but Is not the mille Duccle color chicks. might be mixed or might be Mille Cochin [​IMG]

10. shellybean40

shellybean40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    The second one sure looks like my two brahamas!! Mine are not bantams, though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by