1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

mystery bantams

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TheBantam, Dec 26, 2010.

1. TheBantam

TheBantam New Egg

Dec 26, 2010
    ontario
    no idea what kind these are... all i know is that they are bantams.... i got them around the end of october and im guessing they are bout 5 or 6 months old... believe they are all females if not please let me know... there are four of them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this next one i noticed has the markings of some kinds of hawks( iwould also like tonote she is smaller nd lighter then the others)

[​IMG]

this next one has a great personilty

[​IMG]

the next one is missing a claw which u might notice on the left foot middle toe

[​IMG]

and here i the last on walking with the hawk like one (this one and the one above almost act and look the same they also are bigger and heavier

[​IMG]

please let me know if you can identify them...

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    One of those appears to be a rooster!

3. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    looks like mutts to me. you have three boys and one girl

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Bantam crosses, and I think 3 cockerels and 1 pullet.[​IMG] The one you describe as having "hawklike" plumage is the pullet. Others are starting to show enlarged combs and pointy hackle, saddle and wing coverlets.

5. TheBantam

TheBantam New Egg

Dec 26, 2010
    ontario
    i had one for sure that i knew was a rooster but he died of unknown reasons(he was a white) and i think the 2 that look alike almost are racist. they attck the ones that didnt realy look like them.. they sorta left the pullet alone... they get long now and ocasionly they fiht but its like a few pecks to the other(they all fight each other)... other then that they are get along pretty good, cuddle, and are pretty good fliers

6. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    IDK what they are but I think Im seeing 3 roosters. The one with the good personality looks like it has pointy saddle feathers, the one missing the toenail, and the one walking with the one that looks like a hawk. [​IMG]

7. TheBantam

TheBantam New Egg

Dec 26, 2010
    ontario
    yh i accidently posted this twice how do i delete

8. TheBantam

TheBantam New Egg

Dec 26, 2010
    ontario
    and can any one gues what kind these are like what they might have

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by