Mystery Bird - What kind of bird/poultry is this?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HHandbasket, Sep 7, 2010.

1. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Hi,

We saw a bunch of these at a poultry auction over the weekend, but we cannot figure out what it is.

What does this look like to you?

[​IMG]

They had a bunch of them, and people were knocking each other over to get them. I have never seen anything like it!

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
  3. New Hatcher

New Hatcher Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2010
    Central Alberta Canada
    I don't know but I would not be pushing anyone over to get them, maybe pushing people over to get away!![​IMG] Sorry but I think they are kinda creepy looking;)

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    A seagull got funky with a toucan. [​IMG]

Seriously though, I have absolutely no clue what the heck that is.

ETA: The leg color is interesting though.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  5. NightCode

NightCode Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2010
    interesting breed i would have to say the pigeon guy is right

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  6. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Thanks! I agree that it's a rather creepy-looking species. There were some interesting birds at this auction, but I only saw 1 or 2 cages of birds I would have even considered bidding on--and I changed my mind really quickly because they were on the bottom row and being pooped upon by the birds in the 2 upper rows of cages! And heaven only knows how healthy (or unhealthy) any of those birds might have been.

I'll not likely buy from an auction such as this one, but it was the first one I'd attended and wanted to go see what it was about.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by