Mystery Blood on Sleeping Roost, Bumblefoot?

Goober9

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 24, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I have four lovely ladies which are a little over a year old now. They all seem to be very healthy but this evening I went to go collect the eggs and noticed about a 6 inch circle of died blood on their sleeping roost. I've inspected all the ladies as best as I could and there's no evidence of injury anywhere. Everyone still has all their toenails and there wasn't blood anywhere else except for the roost. I don't think it would be possible for one of the ladies to find a mouse in the sleeping hutch and then carry it up to the roost, which is about 16 inches off the ground.

The bedding is around 3 inches of shavings. I'll inspect the underside of everyone's feet tomorrow. Could this mystery blood be caused by bumblefoot??

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion. Below are two pics, one of the perch (blood is on the right side of the perch) and the other is a close up of the crime scene. I checked all the ladies tody for broken feathers and wings but everyone seems fine. I'll clean and check everyone's feet tonight. I also ran my hand across the perch and there's nothing sharp which would give anyone a bad splinter.

Still in a mystery.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom