Mystery breed & gender

williwaw36

Hatching
Jun 6, 2020
Hello all,
Wondering if you can help me identify this chicken. We are new to chickens and bought our first batch 6 from a feed store in April. This one was supposed to be a Cinnamon Queen, but as you can see it doesn't look anything like a Cinnamon Queen. I'm concerned with the red coloring of the comb, as I live in the city and can't keep a rooster. These pics are at about 8 weeks old. This one is also very thick and strong with thicker legs than the rest of my chicks. However, it doesn't seem to vocalize much at all (I've heard that roos will vocalize warnings, etc). The comb seems much wider and no ridges/points like my other chicks. Possibly an EE??? I'm hoping that the red comb and thicker body is just related to the breed difference and not being a rooster! 🤞

Thank you!
Oliver.jpg
Oliverclose.jpg

Well I suppose the breed doesn't matter if it's a boy. Is it 100% a boy, or should I wait it out? Are there any breeds that have early red combs as girls? Just hoping, for my kids' sake...also, if it is a boy, what has been your best way to re-home? Craigslist?

100% cockerel, I'm sorry.

You can wait it out until he crows, but then you'll only grow more attached. If you can't keep roosters, it is best to start trying to find a home now.

I have the most success with Craigslist. That way you can screen any potential new owners etc. I sold a rooster last summer on CL and his new owners still send me pics and updates.

Back
Top Bottom