1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mystery Breed (hen)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BusyStFarmer, Sep 2, 2016.

1. BusyStFarmer

BusyStFarmer Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Hello all!

So I posted my hen on here awhile ago when she was still young to see what breed you thought she was. I am well aware she isn't a pure breed lol. I was hoping you can take a look and give it a whirl. I also know she is a hen because I was gifted my first egg last night! Thoughts and opinions welcome! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm thinking mixed breed. Can't get over that lovely plumage!

~Alex

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Gravy bowl body shape, rose comb and partial lacing say one parent was likely a Wyandotte. Mixed with what, I got nothing [​IMG]. But what a nice mix, she's so pretty!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    what a beautiful hen

5. robdog

robdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Im thinking wyandotte mixed with cream legbar or a old english game breed because the colors looking striking familiar especially with its high tail feathers.
    Pretty bird

6. AustralorpsAU

AustralorpsAU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    I was thinking GLW crossed with a light sussex. She is such a stunner though that should be a breed in itself

7. BusyStFarmer

BusyStFarmer Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Thank you all so much for your insightful thoughts! She is definitely my prettiest hen and a complete diva. I adopted her from a farmer who had MANY different breeds on the farm so there is no telling![​IMG]

8. AustralorpsAU

AustralorpsAU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    Its like bits of a chicken have been stuck togther. Wyandotte head. Sussex neck. Buff laced Wyandotte breast. Golden laced Wyandotte back and wings [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  9. Sylvester017

Sylvester017 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 29, 2012
    So. Calif.
    The tail is so upright - kinda resembles Fayoumi or Dandarawi tails - the pretty lacing probably a Wyandotte. Barnyard mixes can be either blah or stunning like this one. Is Diva what you named her [​IMG]?

10. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    I'm seeing a lot of Wyandotte influence as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by