1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mystery Breed Pullet

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by madame Ivory, Aug 20, 2013.

1. madame Ivory

madame Ivory Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    I'm trying to figure out what my girl might be! She is about 16 weeks old and very sweet and friendly. Any help is appreciated and if she's a mutt that's cool too, I just think it would be neat to know what she is :)[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

She looks like either a Mottled Java (but Javas are kind hard to find), Ancona, or Exchequer Leghorn ( though her legs are slate and not yellow and her comb is pretty small). Since her legs are slate colored I would lean nearer to a Mottled Java. Where did you get her? [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. madame Ivory

May 14, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    I got her from Dan Probst at Bageniece farms near Dallas, Tx. He actually sold her to me as a "speckled sussex" which obviously she isn't lol

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    She's a Mottled Java. If she was an Exchequer Leghorn or an Ancona, she would have yellow or white legs.

1 person likes this.
  5. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    Anconas and leghorns (no matter the color) have white earlobes and this one does not so she's a mottle java

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I hadn't even though of the earlobe color. I was just going off of the leg color, but the earlobe is definitely another indicator that this bird is a Mottled Java.

7. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

x2

8. madame Ivory

May 14, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Thanks everyone!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by