Mystery breed! What breed are these 2... Roosters?! (Pics)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by JaimeRoxMySox, Feb 28, 2014.

1. JaimeRoxMySox

JaimeRoxMySox Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2013
    I bought some eggs on ebay last year from a farmer with a mix of "Bantam / Serama / Silkie / D'uccle / Cochin / Frizzle / Seabright" chickens. Well 2 of the chickens I got from the hatch don't appear to be any of these breeds (I don't think) not to mention... these roosters have no combs or waddles?! What in the world? I've done a lot of research and can't find any rooster breeds like this. Do you have any idea what breed or mix they are and have you ever heard or seen a rooster without a full comb? I thought they were hens until they became big, aggressive, protective, sexual, dominating and crow very loudly. I think their beautiful, I'm just curious to what they might be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. ChicknsRock

ChicknsRock Overrun With Chickens

Oct 4, 2013
    They definitely have some cochin and/or D'uccle blood in them judging by the feet feathers and that they are bantams. They may even have some Easter Egger or Ameracauna in them.

1 person likes this.
  3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    they look like D'uccle crosses.

1 person likes this.
  4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

They have perfectly normal combs, for they type of comb they have. They look like a rose comb, or some mixed flat comb, so it's not the big sticking-up-points-in-the-air of a straight comb. Someone here has a nice drawing that shows the different types of combs, but you can look up rose combs for examples.

The lighter bird had a lot of d'uccle, the darker bird probably has some silkie back in the gene pool somewhere for that cute little crest.

1 person likes this.
  5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    X2

6. Homie Four

Homie Four Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2014
    Oregon
    They look to me like a D'anver cross.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by