Mystery Breed.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by thehelmet, Jul 6, 2016.

1. thehelmet

thehelmet New Egg

Jul 6, 2016
    [​IMG]
    I have been looking and looking for a week to see what breed my chicken is. She is 12 weeks old and I got her in a group of 15 chicks. She is the only one of her kind in my flock, but she is a mystery.

She is beautiful and am very friendly.

Any help you can give would be great.

Thanks,

2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Which hatchery did she come from? Does she have a pea comb? I can't tell from the picture if it's a pea or single.

3. thehelmet

thehelmet New Egg

Jul 6, 2016
    I got the Chicks from Murray McMurray Hatchery. I am not sure what a pea comb is. I am new to chicken raising. I have learned everything I know from this site.
    [​IMG]
    Here is her baby picture.

I hope it helps

4. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    A single comb will have little ridges at this point. A pea comb will look more bump like. If it's a single comb it's likely a blue Andalusian. If a pea comb it's a one of their Whiting true blues.

[​IMG]

5. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Blue Andalusian

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I think so too

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

I agree she's likely a blue Andalusian.

8. thehelmet

thehelmet New Egg

Jul 6, 2016
    Thank you all for the reply's. She is very unique and is a stand out in my flock. Here is a better picture of her comb.
    [​IMG]

I ordered 15 of the "MURRAY'S CHOICE LAYERS" from Murray McMurray Hatchery and they have a deal that you get a "FREE RARE EXOTIC CHICK" when you order 15 or more. I guess She is the exotic. My daughter named her Dorien Grey.

Since I bought the "MURRAY'S CHOICE" I have no idea the other breeds of chicken I have ether but she was the only different breed I have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by