Mystery breed

itsibitsimi

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 14, 2012
Virginia
Hi. Im a new chicken breeder. I am trying to identify the chicken photo in my profile pic. Its a deep red spangled hen with a purplish hue.

Last edited:
Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Good luck to you!

You have a gorgeous avatar!! :welcome Welcome, it's so nice to meet you! I'm from NC myself and this year started raising chickens and well...:jumpy chicken math took over and the addiction began! :lau I hope you enjoy it as much as I do here...I have met many wonderful friends and learned SOOOO much from many of the pros. Jump right on in, you will feel right at home in no time! :caf

I have a great story. Last year in march I injured my leg by having it torn open on the tailgate of the truck while I was writing by on my horse. I manage to get over that in a few short months. Then about 4 months in later August we lost our whole house in the earthquake that Mineral. We moved into a camper on our property (myself husband and two boys) while we had a new modular built. I had to have an emergency hysterectomy while crammed into the tiny camper. Shortly after my recovery it came to light that my children were being abused by their birth father ( not my husband). By this time the stress of the year caused me to develope global transient amnesia. So out of work with a new house payment. It was a trying time. Until around Easter I bought my children four Ducklings. Peking. Somehow or another Those silly little birds brought joy to all of our lives. Since then we have purchased 6 beautiful Rhode Island Reds. Hatched out 14 Golden Laced Wyandottes. Purchased 2 turkeys and a polish crested rooster. I don't know how these little birds have brought us so much joy through this past year. However daily they were decreasing the amount of stress and I have recovered fully from my amnesia. Even my husband who has very little interest in birds has a new found appreciation for the joy they have brought to our family. It a hobby that has brought us even closer as a family. When I go down to the chicken coop every day, they all come to me and they sit on my lap and enjoy a good scratch. It makes me feel like Snow White. Lol. I had no idea that chickens we're so very social. We are building a gigantic coop and we intend to own, breed, hatch, and sell poultry from here on out. I love them. :)

Back
Top Bottom