Mystery Breed...

LesChickerables

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 1, 2013
Hello! I've had four pullets since April 14th of this year, all roughly a week old; one of which (Eponine) I still cannot tell the breed of. When she was a chick, I had thought she was a Blue Andalusian.

Then as she got older, I thought she was perhaps a mix between a Blue Andalusian and a Self Blue.

Though now I really don't think so. I believe she's a mixed breed, but I haven't a clue what of.

I would really appreciate to hear what you think!

Last edited:

Veer67

Songster
8 Years
Jul 2, 2013
Together with the flock
I would say a mixed breed hen, I she is splash colored but has some faint blue barrings too. Maybe a blue or splash maran crossed with a barred rock?
hmm.png

Last edited:

Kelsie2290

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Ohio
She does look like a mix, very pretty color. Do you know where she came from and if she should be a breed?

LesChickerables

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 1, 2013
She really does look like a cross between the two! Now that I recall, the lady that I got her from had a couple of chickens that resembled Blue Splash Marans, and tons of Barred Rocks. She certainly has the temperament of the two as well. Thank you very much!

LesChickerables

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 1, 2013
The lady that we got her from had loads of different breeds, which I am sure were mixed in breeding. As said by Veer67, she does resemble a cross between a Barred Rock and Blue Splash Maran. We would like to eventually hatch her eggs.

Top Bottom