Mystery breeds… ideas???

ElizH

Songster
Jun 19, 2020
Hi! We met a gentleman in the feed store back in spring who was buying his granddaughter her first chickens and helped him out answering all his questions and gave him our number in case he had any more… well he called. His granddaughter forgot to close the coop door one night and they all were killed. The girl’s father bought her 4 more chickens and once she started back to school they realized she just wasn’t going to have time to take care of them properly with school and activities. He needed somewhere to take them and asked us for help. Now we have 4 new hens and all I know is they “should” start laying this month per their math. He didn’t know the breed or where they bought them. Any guesses on what they are??

Attachments

• 8B06FC3E-BC0F-4971-9E28-F42AB22EFEE4.jpeg
    8B06FC3E-BC0F-4971-9E28-F42AB22EFEE4.jpeg
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DF2903EC-D12E-440A-8DA4-F04E91F41999.jpeg
    DF2903EC-D12E-440A-8DA4-F04E91F41999.jpeg
    974.2 KB · Views: 8
  • F15A0496-CE59-4D9D-B189-3AFA9503879B.jpeg
    F15A0496-CE59-4D9D-B189-3AFA9503879B.jpeg
    973.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi! We met a gentleman in the feed store back in spring who was buying his granddaughter her first chickens and helped him out answering all his questions and gave him our number in case he had any more… well he called. His granddaughter forgot to close the coop door one night and they all were killed. The girl’s father bought her 4 more chickens and once she started back to school they realized she just wasn’t going to have time to take care of them properly with school and activities. He needed somewhere to take them and asked us for help. Now we have 4 new hens and all I know is they “should” start laying this month per their math. He didn’t know the breed or where they bought them. Any guesses on what they are??
I am thinking Cinnamon queens and black sexlinks. Both breeds are some sort of production breed.

Looks like they have a bit to go before they start laying. You will know when their combs and wattles grow quite a bit and become red. Looks like you have some black sex links and maybe some Cinnamon queens. They will be good layers for you.😊

Production Reds, & Black Sex-links.

I am thinking Cinnamon queens and black sexlinks. Both breeds are some sort of production breed.
I was figuring the black hens as black sexlinks, which made me assume the reds would be some sort of sexlink production cross, but I couldn’t find one that had black hackle and tail feathers….

Back
Top Bottom