mystery chick...again!LOL!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by artsyrobin, Mar 14, 2011.

1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    little one was given to me by TSC, they figured she may not make it- so i put her in with my BO chicks who are a little older- what is she?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gettinaclue

gettinaclue Songster

Mar 12, 2009
    Virginia
    White orpington maybe?

3. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    i hope so- they had buff orpintons there- so maybe she snuck in?

4. Sunshyne276

Sunshyne276 Songster

Jun 10, 2010
    Richlands, Virginia
    She looks like my Tetra Tints that I got from Tractor Supply..

5. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

Looks like my Leghorns that I got from TSC last year. My store didn't have the Tetra Tints. [​IMG]

6. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Songster

what is a "tetra tint?" A hi-bred? looks like a white rock or broiler maybe?

7. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Thats a rock X cornish, just by the size younger than your BO and larger , thats the give away, white leghorn would be alot smaller.

just look at those large legs and big breast

8. rocky41102

rocky41102 In the Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Tennessee
    Looks like the one I got last week but I think mine were the tetra tint hybrids. I was also told they could be leghorns or cornish x by fellow BYC'ers, but the store workers didn't know for sure. They were just marked pullets in the bin they came from. They are still smaller than the Easter Eggers I got so that's why I'm leaning toward tetra tint. They also don't eat too often and hop around quite a bit.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Hmmm, sure looks like it could be a CX, which confuses me. Our feed store (Atwoods, which is very similiar to a TSC) doesn't sell CXs in the same bins as the layer chicks.

If she is a CX, she'll need special handling. It will be difficult to restrict her feed if you are raising her in the same brooder with your layers. The only thing I can suggest is that you keep her as active as possible. Get her outside and moving around, foraging for her food asap.

Good luck with her. She's a cutie! [​IMG]

10. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Songster

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    Quote:I think so too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: