mystery chick...again!LOL!

artsyrobin

Artful Wings
15 Years
Mar 1, 2009
Muskogee OK
little one was given to me by TSC, they figured she may not make it- so i put her in with my BO chicks who are a little older- what is she?

file-14.jpg

file-12.jpg

Thats a rock X cornish, just by the size younger than your BO and larger , thats the give away, white leghorn would be alot smaller.

just look at those large legs and big breast

Looks like the one I got last week but I think mine were the tetra tint hybrids. I was also told they could be leghorns or cornish x by fellow BYC'ers, but the store workers didn't know for sure. They were just marked pullets in the bin they came from. They are still smaller than the Easter Eggers I got so that's why I'm leaning toward tetra tint. They also don't eat too often and hop around quite a bit.

Hmmm, sure looks like it could be a CX, which confuses me. Our feed store (Atwoods, which is very similiar to a TSC) doesn't sell CXs in the same bins as the layer chicks.

If she is a CX, she'll need special handling. It will be difficult to restrict her feed if you are raising her in the same brooder with your layers. The only thing I can suggest is that you keep her as active as possible. Get her outside and moving around, foraging for her food asap.

Good luck with her. She's a cutie!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom