mystery chick from theisens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SilkieSanctuary, Feb 19, 2017.

1. SilkieSanctuary

SilkieSanctuary Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2016
    On Valentines Day I got some chicks from theisens. I wanted 3 easter eggers and one buff orpington. In a pullet brooder I was told that there was Ameraucanas (which I don't think are true ameraucanas), Buff Orpingtons, ad Rhode Island Reds. I picked out my easter egger and the worker told me which one would be a buff Orpington. I do not think that this it is a buff because the feathers that are coming in are white and a little black. She is now a week old and I have now clue what breed she is. All that I can think of is a black and white easter egger.

This is when she was 3 days old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is her at a week old. Notice the feathers that are coming in are black and white
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So what is your best guess on what breed she is?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Eps32

Eps32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2015
    North Carolina
    It's prob a EE that's what most hatcherys throw in as a mystery chick but that's just a guess

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Not a Buff Orpington. Since it doesn't have puffy cheeks or dark legs, it also isn't an Easter Egger. Not a Rhode Island Red, either. Perhaps the hatchery Theisens got the chicks from sent some extra, different breeds. It doesn't seem to fit any breed that I can think of right now, though.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I'm with BantamLover. She's not an Orp, and not an EE.

Post again when it's feathered, about 5-6 weeks.

5. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Agree, definitely not an EE or anything else I recognize for now. Updated pictures in several weeks would be very helpful! [​IMG]

~Alex

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with Bantam Lover & donrae

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by