mystery chick, mystery comb

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by haTHOR, Jul 5, 2010.

1. haTHOR

haTHOR Songster

Mar 28, 2009
    Near Asheville, NC
    i posted about this chick before but never got much of a response...now it is older so let's see what y'all think.

this bird is the product of a black java roo (pure, for sure) and EITHER a pure gold laced wyandotte OR a partridge colored EE. now that i am seeing the pea comb i am leaning toward the latter as mama. with an ee there could be a BR, etc. in her history. but the GLW seemed like a possibility because of the patterning, and i can't think which other chick might be hers.

anyway, here it is. acts like a girl but the comb/wattles are a nice red. thoughts on breed (mama) and sex? is that indeed a pea comb?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Vedwards

Vedwards Songster

Apr 13, 2010
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Looks like a girl but I cant help you on the breed.

3. haTHOR

haTHOR Songster

Mar 28, 2009
    Near Asheville, NC
    it's weird because it seems SO OBVIOUS that it's a BR...but i hatched this bird, have only one roo, and had only a very few eggs in there that weren't pure, so i know the likely suspects...and i have no BRs. don't know the background of the EE if it's mama though...or the GLW either but it sure does look pure.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You had someone else's egg in there.

girl.

Parentage??????????

5. haTHOR

haTHOR Songster

Mar 28, 2009
    Near Asheville, NC
    well, i know it came out of one of my eggs, and like i said only one roo here.

good to know it's a girl...whatever it is, it's a super cool bird, maybe my fave, and is calm and interesting.

6. schatze17

schatze17 Chirping

Apr 13, 2010
    I would have guessed Barred Rock because it looks like my 4 BR's.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: