Mystery chick

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Peekin In, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Peekin In

Peekin In Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2016
    N. Michigan
    We recently purchased some chicks from McMurray hatchery, along with the ones I ordered we also got 6 leghorns and a mystery bonus fancy breed chick.
    He/her looks like a cochin but the colouring is different from the other 2 cochins (they are white)

Any ideas ???

[​IMG]

2. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    She could possibly be a Barred Rock or maybe a Silver Laced Wyandotte. I don't think she is a Cochin because I think they are supposed to have feathered legs, but someone correct me if I'm wrong about that. Does she have feathered legs though? Just making sure because the picture doesn't look like it, but I want to make sure she doesn't have the feathered legs. :)
    henny1129

3. lclark

lclark 20 acres bliss

Mar 22, 2016
    Great Lakes State
    Looks very similar to a barred rock. Mine had the same markings on the wings.

4. Peekin In

Apr 24, 2016
    N. Michigan
    Thank you Henny and lclark, the little fella has had us stumped, he/she spends most of the time hanging out with the cochins as they are all about the same size.
    Tomorrow the leghorns who are gowing much fast than the others are being separated out, a neighbour has offered to take them once they are able to live outside.

5. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    Hi, peekin in I have a little girl that I don't no the breed. .. and I'm having trouble starting a new thread do you mind if I post a few pics of her to see if anyone can help me?

6. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Looks like a Barred Rock, not a Cochin because it doesn't have feathered legs.

7. poodlechicks

poodlechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2013
    NY
    Hi, I'm not the greatest at identifying breeds, but some I'm familiar with. Definitely not a Cochin as it doesn't have feathered legs. I've had barred rocks hatching at home both male and female, so I had the chance to follow their development. This one looks like a barred rock roo, judging by the barring on its wing, the color of its legs and the marks on its head. However, I might be wrong about the sex, as the chick is still very young. Please, let us know how it turns out.

8. Peekin In

Apr 24, 2016
    N. Michigan
    Go ahead!

9. Jenna14Chicken

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    Thanks so much! I did find a way how to start a thread but people never reply on my threads I make :( so if it's alright with you I will post some in a few minutes

10. Jenna14Chicken

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    Can anyone indentity her breed?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] this is Miss Pib we got her from rural king. She was mix in a bin with a few other breeds and guineas. If anyone can help indentity her breed that would awesome. I'm thinking she is a partridge rock but I'm not sure I don't think that was on the breed selection guide in the store. I would love to no what you guys think. WHAT BREED IS SHE? :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by