1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mystery chick

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Jenna14Chicken, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    Can anyone help indentity the breed of my little girlie "Miss Pib"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I would love to post more pics to help... just ask :) Thanks

2. Jenna14Chicken

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    I'm thinking she is a partridge rock but I don't think that was on the sign at rural king does anyone else have any ideas?

3. NewChickLove

NewChickLove Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2016
    Is it s standard or bantam breed?

4. Jenna14Chicken

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    I'm really not sure :( we got her from rural king She was mix in with a few other breeds and guinea s. I'm thinking she is a partridge rock but I don't think that breed was on the sign. Of course I only looked at the breeds I was trying to get but the guy working there got them her for us :( so I have no idea what breed she is

5. NewChickLove

Apr 2, 2016
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Easter Egger, though the sign may have said Americaunas. It looks like she has fluffy tufts on her cheeks and darker legs. But I am a beginner with chicks so I could be way off! I'm also basing this off of where you got her. Last I knew, Rural King gets their birds from Townline hatchery, which is also where I got mine from so I have become familiar with what they sell. And looking at the breeds they sell, the Easter Egger is the standard chick that most resembles this one. Again, this is just my best guess and I could be completely off!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  6. Jenna14Chicken

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    we got two Easter eggers two years ago from rural king well one died along with 3 other of the girls so we only have two fully grown chickens left so we got these new girls this year. There were aranucanas and ya I no all that stupid miss label stuff and yeah lol thanks for posting. We also thought we were getting a aranucana, 2 buff orphingtons and 2 Columbian rocks. Well we kept going back and saying that they are not buff orphingtons and Columbian rocks. And we don't no what that girl is either. So we do not no any breed of our new girls I'll post pics of them later to see if anyone can identify them lol I'm so frustrated

7. NewChickLove

Apr 2, 2016
    Yes! Post pics! I love trying to figure out what they could be.

8. Jenna14Chicken

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    I will but it will probably be this evening I have some stuff to do first

9. BusyBearMama

BusyBearMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    New York State
    Oh I had one like this... I think it ended up being a speckled Sussex... Usually they're more chipmunk ish but some hatcheries have different chicks.., that's a very real option here.,, I'm pretty sure I'm trying to think what else it could have been I only have so many breeds... We got her specifically from Meyer and I believe that yea we call her Miss Scarlett, I've got some of her eggs in my incubator right now... The other 3 chicks with her were black and white chicks so it had to have been her. I would say that that's a very really option...

10. BusyBearMama

BusyBearMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2014
    New York State
    Maybe check the leg color against ss leg color? It could be an Easter egger as someone else said but it is very dark, how does the comb look, definitive leg color and comb type will be your telling things I think.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by