Mystery chick

Jadeann123

Chirping
May 14, 2019
Irwin, Pa.
This is my baby Omelet and he/she is 3 weeks old today, and was wondering if anyone could tell me a breed or gender of my little black ball of fluff? Or is 3 weeks to young? I was given eggs to see if they would hatch so I wasn’t even told what breeds of chickens that where on the property. All I know is I hatched Omelet from a green egg

Attachments

• BFBDCBA9-AC4C-415B-80B1-42C4BCF4769F.jpeg
    BFBDCBA9-AC4C-415B-80B1-42C4BCF4769F.jpeg
    504.7 KB · Views: 5
  • CE58F897-5747-48CD-92D3-DC417D47271D.jpeg
    CE58F897-5747-48CD-92D3-DC417D47271D.jpeg
    355.8 KB · Views: 2
  • CCDF0C2D-6606-4E42-8456-6174F2409D09.jpeg
    CCDF0C2D-6606-4E42-8456-6174F2409D09.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 2
Well, that narrows it down, really. A quick google search says there are only five breeds of chicken that lay green eggs: Isbars, Easter Eggers, Favaucana, Olive Eggers, and Ice Cream Bars. I tried to narrow it down visually, based on his/her black beak and feet, but it appears there are many colors in most of these breeds. Anyone else have an opinion?

Well, that narrows it down, really. A quick google search says there are only five breeds of chicken that lay green eggs: Isbars, Easter Eggers, Favaucana, Olive Eggers, and Ice Cream Bars. I tried to narrow it down visually, based on his/her black beak and feet, but it appears there are many colors in most of these breeds. Anyone else have an opinion?
I think Isbars are the closest resemblance.

I've never heard of an Ice Cream Bar chicken. Did you mean Crester Cream Legbar? That was the first chicken we got in December of 2020 and our girl Angie lays beautiful greenish blue eggs, as do our 2 Easter Eggers. I would imagine she's an Easter Egger. They are all different colors. Our Flopsie is light colored with black strands in her feathers and Mopsie is black with gold flecks. None of them are particularly friendly to me unless I have treats in my hands. :)

I've never heard of an Ice Cream Bar chicken. Did you mean Crester Cream Legbar? That was the first chicken we got in December of 2020 and our girl Angie lays beautiful greenish blue eggs, as do our 2 Easter Eggers. I would imagine she's an Easter Egger. They are all different colors. Our Flopsie is light colored with black strands in her feathers and Mopsie is black with gold flecks. None of them are particularly friendly to me unless I have treats in my hands. :)
I had just read that an Ice Cream Bar chicken is a hybrid of Isbar and Cream Legbar chickens.

Back
Top Bottom