Mystery chick.????

mbpalmtree

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 20, 2012
Castle Hayne, NC

I ordered four babies & when they came I could definitely tell which one was my buff orpington, barred plymouth rock & golden laced wyandotte. So by process of elimination & a few calls to the hatchery, it seems as if I have eneded up w/ a white (pale yellow) Ameracauna. They said a few others have called w/ the same issue. Has anyone ever heard of or seen such a thing? I know they exist but are not very common though. It's the top left hand corner one..

I had a nearly completely white EE rooster. What hatcheries call Ameraucanas are more properly called EE's.

Almost all hatchery 'Ameraucanas' are actually a mix called an EE. One of that chick's parents probably carried a white dominant gene. If the little one is a hen and has a pea comb, she will likely lay blue or green eggs. Freebies are usually males though.

A.K.A. Easter Eggers. What is the difference between them & Aracaunas???? Happy to know about the all white color thing, but it better lay me some greenish/blue eggs. I am going to buy another one just in case!

Back
Top Bottom