mystery chicken number 2 - what sex and breed am I

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bobbieschicks, Sep 24, 2011.

1. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    Another chick I got from someone I don't know - what sex and breed am I please? I am 6 1/2 weeks old

In the top pictured, Bandit is on the left and has a tail and small pinkish comb. In the bottom picture Bandit is standing in front of the Ancona.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. bobbieschicks

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    If it helps this is her at 3 days old.

[​IMG]

3. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    I say "Andalusian " ... I don't think that was her baby picture or she would be a redish/brown color, she is grey. She also looks a pullet(girl).

Good Luck![​IMG]

4. bobbieschicks

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    Quote:That is her baby picture at three days old, I took the photo. In the other picture she is 6.5 weeks old and the one with a tail. I'd be happy if she is a she [​IMG] I think the coloring is difficult to see b/c it's so dark outside with the cloud cover and cheap camera - I'll take a few more still shots once the weather stops raining and the sun shines a bit. Her coloring is now mostly grey but there is still some brown to her.

I got her as a three day old from a woman who raises olive eggers and also has Araucana and Black Copper Marans stock if that helps. I also see she has listed on eBay that her stock includes "Araucana, Americana, Barred Plymounth, Buff Orpingtons, Rhode Island Red, Black copper marans" - incorrect spellings aside, could my chicken be from one of these breeds or maybe a mix?

I'm trying to get in touch with the woman - so hopefully she can enlighten me.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by