1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mystery chicken

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by momma's chickens, Apr 22, 2008.

1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Hi, when we picked out our babies from the feed store, there was this one adorable little yellow chick running around in the box. I asked the manager what it was and he told me he didn't know, it was just sent with the Barred Rocks and Ameraucanas. That was the only two breeds of chickens they had in at the time and neither of those were yellow.

Okay, so 7 weeks later I am still not sure what "she" [​IMG] is. My aunt told me that she was sure it was a rooster because all the extra chicks are, but she hasn't seen it so what does she know. [​IMG].

I got another set of chicks two weeks after the batch this one is in and I know I definitely have Buttercup roo.

Anybody know what breed this chicken is???

My best guess is some kind of EE.

http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk129/chicken2004/?action=view&current=IMG_0200.jpg

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Green legs, small comb and fluffy face....I vote EE...

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    A NICE WHITE EE HEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations she is beautiful.

Henry

4. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Oh I am so glad that I posted that picture right. I wasn't sure if it was suppose to show up or if it was okay just to have you click on the link.

I am even HAPPIER you are telling me that my chicken is a she. You are telling me it is a hen, right. She is so friendly I am so happy.

What a great surprise chicken!!!!!!![​IMG]

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    sure looks like an e e hen to me. [​IMG]

6. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Luck o' the Irish to ye! She's a beauty! Great find, the solid colored easter eggers are the hardest to come across. [​IMG] Let us know what color egg she lays ya when she gets older. [​IMG]

7. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    What a pretty pullet! Looks like an EE to me. Her green legs really stand out against that lovely white feathering!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by