Mystery chickens?? Any ideas??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by newchickens2009, Jul 2, 2010.

1. newchickens2009

newchickens2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    BAHAMAS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first 2 pics are of a hen/roo that I found wondering around trying to get into my coop a few days ago, so I finally caught it and put it in so it could eat and drink.
    The rest of the pics are from so eggs that a friend gave me and I hatched 15 weeks ago. He came by a few days ago and asked me where did I get those chicks with the spiked/afro hair do from and I told him you. Those are from the eggs that you gave me to hatch. He said that I was lying because he had never seen chickens like that before and he has been hatching and eating his chickens for years now. So I went to his house with him and sure enough there are none that look like this. Any ideas??

2. CheepSunglasses

CheepSunglasses Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Icelandic chickens?

3. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    So These eggs he gave you - maybe his chickens have been hanging out with some polish down the road and they are secretly sneaking out?

Or someone swiped his eggs and switched them?

Or you ordered them online in your sleep and had them delivered to his house and um......

I dunno but it is a Mystery!
    Caroline

4. newchickens2009

May 18, 2009
    BAHAMAS
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] Good one! HAHA! LOL!
    Could they just be so type of mixed up mutts?

5. newchickens2009

May 18, 2009
    BAHAMAS
    Never heard of them before so did some research and they are defiently not Icelandic Chickens.
    Anyone else know what they maybe?

6. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    they are certainly mutts, and crossed with something crested, either polish or silkie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by