Mystery chickens & eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mandaleeee, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Mandaleeee

Mandaleeee Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    So, I have an Ameraucana who is about a yr old and lays her typical greenish eggs.

I purchased 2 Buff Orpington and 1 Wellsummer hens this Summer, who are probably about 6-7 months old.

I also adopted 4 Ameraucana hens this Summer from a coworker, who are also probably 7 months old.

Now, the existing Ameraucana was my only layer until this past week, when 1 (or more) of the other girls started laying. This is great news, but here's the catch: whoever it is is laying white eggs! Any guesses who it could be? The Buffs and Welsummer should give me brown eggs, and the other Ameraucanas should be laying greenish eggs. . . . .

2. Chicks and Hens

Chicks and Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2013
    With my chickens
    All chickens have their own well... Genes, Just like humans not all people with blonde hair has blue eyes. So just like chickens not ALL Americaunas lay Green,blue or pink eggs. It can be any one of your birds. At least they are laying!!! [​IMG]

3. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Most likely your Americaunas are actually Easter Eggers and they can lay any color egg including white. I have 4 EEs and one lays green, one a light cream and the other 2 just plain old brown.

4. Chicks and Hens

Jul 25, 2013
    With my chickens
    Aren't they the same? yes I think they are. And are you positive they are americaunas? [​IMG]

5. Mandaleeee

Mandaleeee Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2013
    San Diego, CA
    That makes sense, I just want to know who it is so I can be excited for them! :) Maybe I need a nesting box cam? haha

6. Chicks and Hens

Jul 25, 2013
    With my chickens
    Maybe!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by