Mystery chicks...guessing game

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Reina Rana, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Reina Rana

Reina Rana Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2013
    North Mississippi
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG]
    I have 27 various chicks...I think that I have an idea what several are (the Turkens were sort of obvious! )
    Have any ideas about these few?

2. Reina Rana

Jan 12, 2013
    North Mississippi
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A few more. The first one is the same light colored one from original post.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  3. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    The second bird (with the cute little mask) is a gold laced Wyandotte. I haven't got a clue what the first one is, other than cute ;)
    Nikki

1 person likes this.
  4. my sunwolf

my sunwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Southwest Virginia
    My Coop
    They all look like Easter Eggers to me, except the one that howfunky said looks laced [​IMG]

5. Reina Rana

Jan 12, 2013
    North Mississippi
    I have a total of 27 at the moment. They were a brown layer combo from McMurray. I have a few of them figured out, but some look similar, but not the same...if that makes any sense. I will have to "con" my kiddos to be hand models and help me get better pics in the light. I have one that started off dark gray, and now her wings and tail are coming in snow white...almost looks like a light Brahma, but not sure. I also have this little bitty gray one with feathered legs, but I can't really tell how she will look, she's sort of behind in her feather growth. I am sure, that out of the 27 at least one or 2 will be a cockerel...(I originally had 25 brown layers and a straight run of Araucanas, but I lost 4 within the first 48 hours. Not sure what percentage of the straight run is left)

Thanks for the help!
    Draea ;o)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by