Mystery Chicks - I need help!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by redvespa90, Mar 12, 2012.

1. redvespa90

redvespa90 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    Chattanooga, TN
    [​IMG]
    June my mystery chick - Martha my assumed Barred rock - Bunny my assumed Easter egger
    New mommy here!

I was given three mystery chicks from a friend. From what I can find on the internet I've identified them as EE, Barred Rock, BUT I don't know the third one. Please help!

I was told Martha and Bunny females based on feathering. And the third one, June is a mystery still. Does anyone know if this way of sexing chicks is accurate?

Thanks so much!

2. Fleabuskitty

Fleabuskitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    It appears as though you are correct in your assuming that Martha is a Barred Plymouth Rock and Bunny is an Easter Egger. June could be anything white! White Plymouth Rock and White Leghorns are quite common, so maybe one of those? I can't help you on the sexing - you'll probably just have to wait until they're a little older.
    Bunny is so cute! Who can resist Easter Egger face fluff?
    [​IMG]

3. redvespa90

Mar 12, 2012
    Chattanooga, TN
    Thank you for replying and helping me out. I'm definitely new to the chicken scene, and don't quite know what to expect.

4. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Does Bunny have a lot of fluff around her head that makes her looks like she has puffy chipmunk cheeks? If she does, then I agree with EE. If not, I think she might be a Partridge Rock.

5. redvespa90

Mar 12, 2012
    Chattanooga, TN
    From what I can tell her cheeks are pretty puffy. Here's a picture straight on. Tell me what you think.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by