1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mystery Chicks/ what am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Vamp-A-Billy Princess, May 8, 2008.

1. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
  2. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    It's hard to tell. Most feed stores only get a couple different breeds in so call and see what they got and from what hatchery. Then do a process of elimination. I can't tell from the pics either. They are a bit too small. Sorry

3. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Mom...you were supposed to put these in the What breed am I section. Sorry y'all mom posted these pics for me in the wrong category. The first chick looks splash...has pearly pink legs and beak. Wing feathers coming in all white.
    The other looks like a RIR but way too light. It is almost yellow on its fuzz. Just a slight hint of peach. Very orangy beak and legs. Wing feathers coming in with pattern on them. I have 3 RIR and a red star and its way lighter than any of them ever thought about being. Maybe its gold?

4. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I did that also. But the pics wouldn't transfer in a larger size and now they are really small.
    Love MOM

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by