Mystery Chicks!

RoostQueen

In the Brooder
May 14, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Growing up raising chickens was the norm in our household. I loved them and spent many many days & hours of my childhood caring for, playing with and even taming. When people ask me - Cats or Dogs? I say chickens 😉 - Two years ago I purchased a home with enough yard and room to make my own chicken dreams come true and here I am.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

7 hens in the big girl yard - 8 babies in my garage soon to be introduced into the little girl yard.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Buff Orpington, Barred Rocks, Copper Maran, Australorps, Lakeshore Egger, My one mystery hen - Brahmas, California Tan, Golden Comet, Cream Legbars AND the three mystery Bantams sold to me tractor supply advertised as silkies 🙄

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

People don't realize that they can make great pets. My friend's that raise chickens come to my house and always ask why mine are so friendly and there's aren't lol. Plus, it's a pet that can support itself and give back without having to butcher them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Anything outside: Gardening, yard work, camping, canoeing, baseball/softball ect...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm a full time RN, sports mom of two!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've Googled countless questions about chickens and breeds and this site always pops up BUT I finally joined because on a whim I purchased these mystery Tractor Supply Bantam Chicks that were advertised as Bantam Silkies and I wanna see what everyone else thoughts are lol bc they're definitely not what I thought they were...

Back
Top Bottom