1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mystery chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MOChickenz, Sep 26, 2010.

1. MOChickenz

MOChickenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Missouri
    I got some hatchery chicks in an assortment. A few of them are white with black splotches and booted feet. Some sort of Cochin? Any idea on final color?

2. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    What colour leg and how many toes?

3. MOChickenz

MOChickenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Missouri
    Yellow legs and an extra toe

4. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Maybe a Salmon Faverolle....not sure of spelling there [​IMG] They have extra toe and are creamish colored with splotches as chicks.

5. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Faverolles have white legs, not yellow, and they shouldn't be "splotchy"...Dorkings have 5 toes, but they should have white legs also...probably some kind of mix...not an uncommon occurence from a hatchery, unfortunately...

Pics would be most helpful though!

6. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Could they be silkies - silkies have the extra toe (5 total)? Splash Silkies (it the hatchery sells Blues) would be white with splotches.

7. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Yes, but Silkies have black skin...ok, well they are SUPPOSED to have black skin...I do actually have one with yellow skin that I keep around just for 4H newbies and brooding babies....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by