1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

mystery crested chick

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by suzeqf, Mar 20, 2012.

1. suzeqf

suzeqf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    I've got a mystery on my hands. I got a chick from Buchiets which gets their chicks from Ideal and I got it out of the assorted crested bin. This chick looks just like a silkie except it's has pink skin and legs could this little one be a sultan and Ideal has Sultans

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. Supermommy486

Supermommy486 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    South Central Texas
    Anyway to get a picture?
    THat would be the best way for someone to help you tell.

3. suzeqf

Mar 17, 2011
    i'll try to get one posted tonight, i'm at work and i don't have the pics on my computer

4. Supermommy486

Supermommy486 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    South Central Texas
    Ok sounds good. Someone might be able to guess based on the description it's just so much easier with a pic kwim? Good luck!

5. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    What color is the chick? I'm assuming it has 5 toes, feathered legs, crest, and beard/muffs...

6. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    If it looks like the chick on the left in my avatar, and has 5 toes, definite Sultan! That's what that chick is. :) (The other is a Pyncheon.)

7. suzeqf

Mar 17, 2011
    at the moment "she's" greyish blonde

She favors yours only puffier, I'll try to get a pic of her tonight, I moved th big kids into their coop sunday and they haven't figured it out it so i pend most of my evening rounding them up to put them to bed

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by