Mystery Death

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Lacey1988, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Yesterday I let all my chickens out to free range for a bit...Well after about an hour I decided it was time to put them back up..When I went to get my red polish whom was maybe twenty foot away under a holly berry tree..I didn't even make it two steps towards her when she started doing back flips and then flopping on the ground. I held her as she flopped a few more times then died....First thing I thought of was a snake so I yelled to my mother to rake the leaves back and keep the rest of the chickens away but she raked there and didn't find nothing but kitty litter(for so reason)

Could she have choked on something, been poisoned(kitty litter? holly berries?), or just had a seizure?...It all happened so dang fast one minute I'm looking at her talking then the next I'm holding a dead bird...Worst of all my little cousin who is 4 seen the whole thing. :(

Someone please tell me what happened to Joe?

[​IMG]

2. Johnn

Johnn Overrun With Chickens

Sep 5, 2011
    Hope someone can help, sorry for your loss. Ive had a few mystrey deaths and i know hoe fustrating it is not knowing how it happened.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by