Mystery Duck

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by TwoDucks, Feb 28, 2014.

1. TwoDucks

TwoDucks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2014
    I was wondering if anyone might be able to guess what breed this little guy is. Just got him/her. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Sure is a cutie, I am thinking Buff but GQ has Buffs so I asked her, hopefully she'll take a look.

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
  4. TwoDucks

Feb 28, 2014
    Welsh Harlequin was my first guess but the bill is throwing me off. Hard to tell from the pictures but the end of the bill is very light in color.
    Of course this is coming from someone who up until a few hours ago has only ever had chickens. :)
    Googled some Buff duckling pictures and some of them seem to have the same light tip... hmmm

5. Finny

Finny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2014
    I don't think thats a buff. When my buffs were ducklings they did not have the dark head and they had a stripe behind their eyes. Due to the dark head I am thinking it is a welsh harlequin. She sure is cute though :).

6. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    As i said to ML i don't think buffs..

Here mine as wee ones... um, don't mind the scovies lol The colour and the head shaping, i suggested WH? that is as close as i can find.. what does the place sell that you got them from?? It's awful cute, regardless of the "breed"

[​IMG]

7. TwoDucks

Feb 28, 2014
    They don't know they couldn't even tell me what hatchery it came from. Got it and a mystery crested duck from Tractor Supply.
    I'm sure to find out soon enough when they feather out. :) Just a little curious and impatient.
    Whatever they are they are cute calm and friendly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by