mystery egg

EZFarms

Songster
10 Years
Nov 23, 2013
northern california
So we have a mystery bantam sized egg. its dark brown but none of our bantams lay brown. we have an appenzeller rooster and a RIR rooster so could they change the size of the egg laid?

So we have a mystery bantam sized egg. its dark brown but none of our bantams lay brown. we have an appenzeller rooster and a RIR rooster so could they change the size of the egg laid?
If it is a fairly tiny egg, it may be what is called a wind egg or fart egg...........
Just happens occasionally.
I will post my picture

The two on the left are Serama eggs. the one on top regular size and below it a wind egg. Same on the right from my LF sized eggs..........Top regular, below wind egg
Hope this helps.............

Last edited:

the lighter colored egg is abput the size of our normal bantam eggs and the really dark one is the mystery egg

Would they still be fertile? Just for the hell of it we put it in the inncubator just cause ill see if i can get a pic though
I have read both ways here on BYC's.....sometimes they do not have a yolk..............
But I followed a thread one time of someone that successfully hatched thier little egg
and Yes......it hatched a little chicken........good Luck

Edited wording on my pictures.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom